Bibliographic Records


Database: Volunteer Voices: The Growth of Democracy in Tennessee
Query: vvcat: "A.3"


26 to 50 of 122
1 | 26 | 51 | 76 | 101
< Previous hits
Next hits >

26    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: General Orders, April 5th 1789
Author : General H. Bradford
Date Created: 1789-04-05
Abstract: General orders written by General H. Bradford which describe security measures needed on the frontier including mustering troops and dealing with "savage enemy." The recipient is urged to have the militia ready at a minute`s notice and have a rendezvous point where they can meet with their weapons, including a good gun and nine charges of powder each.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: James Robertson Papers
Contributing Institution: Vanderbilt University Library
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002705
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
27    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Circular letter to the citizens of Tennessee
Author : George Washington Campbell, 1769-1848
Date Created: 1813-08-16
Abstract: This particular copy of the circular letter was sent to the "Mr. Postmaster & the citizens of the town & neighborhood of McMinnville, Tennessee." Three typed pages in length, Campbell outlines the events of the time that led the United States to declare war on Great Britain, and explains his views on direct taxes and internal duties, the impressment of American seamen by Great Britain, and other conflicts with the British.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Tennessee Historical Society Miscellaneous Files, 1688-1951
Contributing Institution: Tennessee Historical Society
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200700000002601
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
28    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Copy of a letter by George Washington delivered to Opio Mingo at a conference in Nashville
Author : George Washington
Date Created: 1795-01-22
Abstract: A copy of certificate written by George Washington and delivered to Opia Mingo at a conference in Nashville in 1792 in the presence of the Cherokee commissioners. The copied signatures that were on the original document were George Washington, President of the United States and Edmond Randolph, Secretary of War. The certificate states delineates the lands given to the Chickasaw Indians, and calls upon government actors to prosecute and punish Indians outside their lands.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: James Robertson Papers
Contributing Institution: Vanderbilt University Library
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002721
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
29    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a reconstructed barracks at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Tennessee, taken ca. 1980s
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a reconstructed barracks at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. The barracks are made with hewn logs and are double penned structures with a fireplace in the middle of the building. The barracks were most likely used to house the enlisted men that occupied the fort. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002487
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
30    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a pit feature excavation at Fort Southwest Point in Kingston, Tennessee, taken circa 1980s
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a pit feature being excavated at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features. Additional excavations were conducted at Fort Southwest Point in the 1990s yielded new information as to the fort's original layout and functions, as well as the life ways of the people who occupied it.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002510
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
31    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a reconstructed blockhouse and stockade wall at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Tennessee, taken ca. 1980s
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a reconstructed blockhouse and stockade wall at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. The blockhouse is constructed from hewn logs and is one of four reconstructed blockhouses at the fort. The stockade was was first used as a defensive wall, but eventually was used to contain the Cherokees who were to be removed to the west. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarter for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002483
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
32    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of unexcavated structural ruins at Fort Southwest Point in Kingston, Tennessee, taken circa 1980s
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of unexcavated structural ruins at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. The ruins show that the structures were composed of stacked mortared and unmortared limestone blocks and, occasionally, river rocks. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features. Additional excavations were conducted at Fort Southwest Point in the 1990s.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002509
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
33    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of the interior of Fort Loudoun, British colonial military post from 1756-1760, lower Little Tennessee River
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1975
Abstract: This is a photograph of the interior of Fort Loudoun, a British colonial military post on the lower Little Tennessee River that was occupied from 1756-1760. It was built in Overhill Cherokee territory in what is presently Monroe County and named for John Campbell, the Earl of Loudoun, who was commander-in-chief of British forces in the colonies. William G. De Brahm designed the fort, but abandoned the project because of disagreements he had with Capt. Demerre who commanded the militia troops and British regulars stationed at the post. Survival of this frontier outpost was dependent on good relations with the Cherokees who supplied food for trade goods. During the French and Indian War, tensions began to mount between the Cherokees and the colonists. In March 1760 the Cherokees laid siege to the fort, cutting off supplies and forcing its surrender. Excavations of Fort Loudoun were conducted by the University of Tennessee from 1975-1977 in anticipation of the flooding of the lower Little Tennessee River by the Tellico Dam Reservoir. The excavations were conducted under contract with the National Park Service and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Principal investigator and Field Director, Carl Kutruff.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002493
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
34    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of unexcavated structural ruins at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Tennessee
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of unexcavated structural ruins at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. The ruins show that the structures were composed of stacked mortared and unmortared limestone blocks and, occasionally, river rocks. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include and officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002504
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
35    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a reconstructed blockhouse at Fort Southwest Point in Kingston, Tennessee, taken circa 1980s
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a reconstructed blockhouse at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. There are four reconstructed blockhouses at the fort, with two blockhouses located at the west end of the fort and the other two located at the east end. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced an ore detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002481
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
36    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a reconstructed barracks at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Tennessee
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroedl
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a reconstructed barracks at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. The barracks are made with hewn logs and are double penned structures with a fireplace in the middle of the building. The barracks were most likely used to house the enlisted men that occupied the fort. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002503
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
37    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Photograph of a reconstructed blockhouse at Fort Southwest Point, Kingston, Tennessee
Photographer : Gerald F. Schroeld
Date Created: 1980
Abstract: This photograph is of a reconstructed blockhouse at Fort Southwest Point, located near the city of Kingston, in Roane County, Tennessee. There are four reconstructed blockhouses at the fort, with two blockhouses located at the west end of the fort and the other two located at the east end. Fort Southwest Point was established in 1792 as a blockhouse post for the territorial militia troops that were protecting white settlers from Indian acts of hostility. By 1797, the militia was replaced by Federal troops whose goals were to maintain peace with the Indians and protect their rights on the frontier. During the years between 1801-1807, the fort was established as the headquarters for the Cherokee Agency. In 1974, archaeological crews from the University of Tennessee unearthed portions of six fort building foundations, the remains of a massive stone wall, and many fort-period artifacts. A 1984 excavation of the site by the Department of Conservation and the City of Kingston located the sites of a total of thirteen buildings. These buildings include an officer's barracks, four blockhouses, and several buildings that are believed to have been barracks. A complementary excavation in 1986 revealed the location of two more buildings, bringing the total to fifteen buildings. The excavation also produced a more detailed examination of the palisade and stone wall enclosures, and uncovered several historic and prehistoric features.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002502
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
38    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Tennessee 1796
Cartographer : Henry Schenck Tanner, 1786-1858
Date Created: 1816
Abstract: From Lucas, F. A. New and Elegant General Atlas, which contained maps of each of the United States (from TSLA records). Lewis is identified with "del" and H.S. Tanner with "sc". Labels existing counties, towns including Jonesboro, Knoxville, Maryville, Rogersville, Nashville and Clarksville. Middle Tennessee is identified as the Metro District. The site of present-day Memphis is identified as Chickasaw Bluff, and western Tennessee is labeled as belonging to the Chickasaws.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Map Collection
Contributing Institution: Tennessee State Library and Archives
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200700000002692
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
39    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: A draught of the Cherokee Country
Cartographer : Henry Timberlake
Date Created: 1974
Abstract: This is a (1974 ?) facsimile of a map, originally drawn in 1762 by British army officer Henry Timberlake, depicting the Overhill Cherokee villages in the lower Little Tennessee River Valley. This map shows the villages of Toskegee [Tuskeegee], Tomotley [Tomotley], and Settaco [Citico], which were among the 60 Cherokee settlements in the Southeastern states during the 18th century. Lieutenant Timberlake went to the village of Chota, considered to be the capital of the Cherokee settlements, in 1761 to explain the provisions of a peace treaty with the colonists after the siege of Fort Loudoun. Timberlake lived among the Cherokees for a year and visited many of the Overhill villages.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Frank H. McClung Museum Photographic Collection
Contributing Institution: Frank H. McClung Museum
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002541
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
40    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: 1796 Feb. 29, Philadelphia [to] Governor William Blount
Author : J Parkes
Recipient : William Blount
Date Created: 1796-02-29
Abstract: This document is a letter to Governor William Blount from J. Parkes dated February 29, 1796. Parkes recommends a Mr. Harrison Almand, a wealthy gentleman from Virginia who is interested in settling in the Territory of the United States South of the Ohio River.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Governor William Blount Papers, 1790-1796, Territory of the United States of America South of the Ohio
Contributing Institution: Tennessee State Library and Archives
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002933
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
41    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Debt Receipt
Signer : J Winchester
Date Created: 1792-07
Abstract: This is a receipt dated 1792 for payment for services rendered by James White in resucing three children of Jacob Zeigler (deceased) from the Indians. It was sworn to as a true debt and signed by J Winchester, a Sumner County Justice of the Peace.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Estate papers
Contributing Institution: Sumner County Archives
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002737
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
42    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Map of the Tennassee Government, formerly Part of North Carolina
Creator : J. T. Scott
Associated name : D. Smith
Date Created: 1795
Abstract: The title on the map is: Map of the Tennassee Government, formerly Part of North Carolina taken Chiefly from Surveys by Gen'l D. Smith and others. Engraved for Carews? American Edition of Guthrie's Geography ?? appears along the top. Map shows Knoxville, Nashville, and Clarksville as well as several Cherokee towns in eastern Tennessee. The site of present-day Memphis is called Chickasaw Bluff, shows the southern boundary of the military reservation in middle Tennessee. Rivers, public roads and various geographic features are labeled, such as "High Broken Ground" in southern middle Tennessee and "Light Soil Long Grass Little Timber Broken Ground on the Heads of these Rivers" in west Tennessee.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Map Collection
Contributing Institution: Tennessee State Library and Archives
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000001997
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
43    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: A MAP of The TENNASSEE GOVERNMENT formerly Part of NORTH CAROLINA taken Chiefly from Surveys by Gen,[era]l D. Smith. and others
Cartographer : J.T. Scott
Date Created: 1795
Abstract: This document is a rare map of Tennessee surveyed and engraved circa 1795. The map shows public roads, Indian boundaries, forts, Indian towns, and width of rivers in yards.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Tennessee State Library, Miscellaneous documents
Contributing Institution: Tennessee State Library and Archives
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002551
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
44    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Invoice of goods for proposed treaty with the Chickasaw and Choctaw, with a memorandum from Gov. Blount to Gen. Robertson
Recipient : James Robertson
Author : William Blount
Date Created: 1792
Abstract: A 1792 invoice of goods for the proposed Treaty of Nashville with the Chickasaw and Choctaw to be delivered by July 15. The price and quantity of lead are at issue, with the author urging the recipient of the letter to bargain for lead. Guns, powder, lead, blankets and cloth are included in the invoice.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: James Robertson Papers
Contributing Institution: Vanderbilt University Library
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000002702
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
45    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Sevier, James in the State of Franklin to the Sheriff of Washington
Author : James Sevier, 1764-1847
Associated name : Joseph Young
Date Created: 1785-11
Abstract: James Sevier writes to the Sheriff of Washington to take and keep Joseph Young so that he can be taken to the county court of pleas for the State of Franklin in February.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Washington County Court Records
Contributing Institution: Archives of Appalachia- ETSU
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000000831
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
46    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Deed for Property from James Sevier to David Deaderick
Creator : James Sevier
Associated name : David Deaderick
Date Created: 1810-11-13
Abstract: Deed for land in Jonesborough, Tennessee which belonged to James Sevier and is being sold to David Deaderick. Provides measurements of the lot. Verso side has statements and signatures verifying that the deed has been registered in the state of Tennessee and Washington County.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: David Deaderick Papers
Contributing Institution: University of Tennessee Special Collections Library
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000001374
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
47    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: William Ashert land entry
Surveyor : Jno. Armstrong
Date Created: 1783-10-22
Abstract: An entry (No. 172) for the survey of 600 acres in Greene County.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: State of Franklin Documents, 1783-1787
Contributing Institution: C. M. McClung Historical Collection
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000001377
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
48    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Captain John Chisholm and S. Williams in Knoxville to William Blount
Author : John Chisholm
Author : S Williams
Recipient : William Blount, 1749-1800
Date Created: 1795-05-29
Abstract: Chisholm`s letter lists the articles necessary to outfit the Choctaw Indians for their visit to the President of the United States. Williams letter mentions his acting as a guide to five Choctaw Indians and their interpreter betwween Nashville and Knoxville. Three horses were lost or stolen on the way.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: William Blount Papers
Contributing Institution: C. M. McClung Historical Collection
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000001256
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
49    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Oath by John Chisolm
Associated name : John Chisolm
Creator : Jos. Anderson
Associated name : John Tipton
Date Created: 1793
Abstract: Oath by John Chisolm for the Washington County, Tennessee court regarding a statement made by John Tipton, who declared that he would go against the Cherokee Indians, and a letter by Tipton.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Washington County Court Records
Contributing Institution: Archives of Appalachia- ETSU
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200800000000832
add to bookbag | view long format in new window
50    
1 hits in this record:
image of object    View Document
 
Title: Bail Bond from Washington County, Tennessee to Hawkins County, Tennessee
Author : John Crozier
Date Created: 1808-09
Abstract: Bail bond to Hawkins County, Tennessee for William Cooke who is to appear at the court of law for the Washington County District at the courthouse in Jonesborough.
Tennessee State Department of Education Eras:
     Revolution and the New Nation (1754-1820)
Collection: Fink and Dulaney Papers
Contributing Institution: University of Tennessee Special Collections Library
URL: http://idserver.utk.edu/?id=200700000001850
add to bookbag | view long format in new window

26 to 50 of 122
1 | 26 | 51 | 76 | 101
< Previous hits
Next hits >