The Blount County Public Library   
view: Return to search results | |
  
 
TitleEast Tennessee Female Masonic Institute, Broadway at Cates; original built ca. 1850, wings added ca. 1851, last operated from 1890-1896
Date1896 - 1903
DescriptionShows an abandoned large brick structure of three stories in the center with two stories on either side. There are four chimneys and many paned windows with shutters, some of which are broken, open, or shuttered. There are three doors: one of which has small windows above it and sidelights. There is a grass area with logs and planks on it in the front of the building and a dirt sidewalk in front of it. To the left there is a large tree with a fence behind it and a wooden outbuilding with a wood shake roof. To the right are large trees near a fence and another wooden outbuilding, possibly an outhouse.
SubjectShutters -Tennessee - Maryville; Building deterioration -Tennessee - Maryville; Windows -Tennessee - Maryville; Architectural elements -Tennessee - Maryville; Doors and doorways -Tennessee - Maryville; Outbuildings -Tennessee - Maryville; Privies -Tennessee - Maryville; Schools -Tennessee - Maryville; Abandoned buildings; Lawns -Tennessee - Maryville; East Tennessee Female Masonic Institute (Maryville, Tennessee); Sidewalks -Tennessee - Maryville; Roofs -Tennessee - Maryville; Bricks -Tennessee - Maryville; Trees -Tennessee - Maryville; Wooden buildings -Tennessee - Maryville; Buildings; Fences -Tennessee - Maryville; Chimneys -Tennessee - Maryville
CreatorW. O. Garner
FormatPhotographic prints (8 x 10 inches)
Filenamebcapp00131
Original IdentifierGarner 9
CollectionW. O. Garner Digital Photograph Collection
PublisherThe University of Tennessee Libraries, Knoxville, Tennessee
RightsDigital Image Copyright (c) 2004. Blount County Public Library, Maryville, TN. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use, contact: Reference Department, Blount County Public Library, 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville, TN 37804 (865-982-0982).
The Blount County Public Library   
view: Return to search results | |
   
W. O. Garner; 1896 - 1903; East Tennessee Female Masonic Institute, Broadway at Cates; original built ca. 1850, wings added ca. 1851, last operated from 1890-1896 (W. O. Garner Digital Photograph Collection)  
 
 
The Blount County Public Library   
view: Return to search results | |
other views of: W. O. Garner; 1896 - 1903; East Tennessee Female Masonic Institute, Broadway at Cates; original built ca. 1850, wings added ca. 1851, last operated from 1890-1896 (bcapp00131)
front | summary

bcapp00131