Getting started - search results
The search results display gives you a quick overview of your multiple collection search results and easy access to a variety of viewing options for the items in the list.
The parts of the results display include (see Fig. 1 below):
1. The search query summary statement
2. The results by collection menu
of the display and indicates the number of hits for each collection. Additionally, clicking on a collection link causes results for only that collection to be displayed in the results by item list.
3. The results by item display
The results by item display shows the individual items (books, journal articles) in which matches of the query occured. Initially the results by item display shows all items in list format, with a maximum of 25 items per page. Each item in the list (Fig. 3) contains brief bibliographic information, a summary of occurrences for that item, and several viewing options for that item.
From each item in the list, a viewer has four options:
- results details - will load detailed information about restults
for that item, showing context for each match of the query.
(see Fig 4.)
- table of contents - goes to a bibliographic citation for
the item and lists all contents for the item.
- view text - will either load the entire text into the browser
window, or go to the first page of the item, depending on the
encoding format of the item.
- add to bookbag - will add the item to your bookbag.